This was the show’s sixth year, and third year supporting Canine Assistants. We’ve been growing, both in the size of the display and attandence. Our neighbor to the right joined in the reindeer games this year and is already talking about adding more lights in 2014.
Apparently word is getting around. We definitely had more visitors than 2012, with the line reaching back to the four-way stop several times. Gee, the traffic is terrific! In 2014 we may need to follow Christmas in Cumming’s lead and make it a continuous drive through on busy nights rather the “drive-in” style we have been following.
This year saw the welcome return of Christmas in Cumming after their one year hiatus, the move of Mint Julep Christmas to Ballground, and the second year for Christmas in Castille. The season was a bit too hectic to get out to Mint Julep or Holly Springs Lights in their new locations, or Red Hawk Christmas this year.
Here’s the numbers for the 2013 season:
- $4045 raised for Canine Assistants (with company matches)
- 4 houses involved in the show (still have no idea exactly how many lights)
- 9 Canine Assistants and their handlers/owners greeted visitors on 4 Saturdays
- 1200 candy canes
- 4 gallons of hot spiced apple cider for canine handlers and staff
- 32 show nights, many in the rain, but only shut down 3 nights
- Christmas This Year – TobyMac
- Jingle Bells – Denver and the Mile High Orchestra
- Siberian Sleigh Ride – TSO
- Music Box Dancer – DJ Schwede
- Born is the King – Hillsong
- Power Upgrade/Lucasfilm THX Intro