Eight years of Blink Midwinter! That would be our Bronze anniversary. It was also our fifth year raising awareness and support for the work of Canine Assistants. Four houses were involved in the show for most of the season.
Attendance was a little bit lighter than 2014, which we attribute mostly to the half dozen rain/lightning filled nights and crazy warm temperatures. Granted, it’s more comfortable at night in short sleeve weather, but highs near 80 in late December just ain’t right. More traffic cones seemed to help with getting people parked. Well, that and Mrs Blink with her new light sticks worthy of a ground traffic marshal at Hartsfield.
2015 by the numbers:
- $4680 raised for Canine Assistants (including company matches.) Thank you, BMW guests!
- 4 houses involved in the show on 192 channels of Light-O-Rama control. Best ballpark estimate of light count was around 40,000.
- 8 Canine Assistants and their foster parents greeted visitors on 5 Saturday evenings.
- 1200 candy canes given out.
- 2 gallons of hot spiced apple cider and a gallon of hot chocolate for the Canine fosters and staff.
- 37 show nights, including 5 in the rain. We shut down for two nights because of heavy rain and a thunderstorm.
- Christmas This Year – TobyMac
- Takin’ Care of Christmas – Randy Bachman
- Siberian Sleigh Ride – TSO
- Music Box Dancer – DJ Schwede
- Jingle Bells – DMHO
- Born is the King – Hillsong